Skocz do zawartości

Need help - travel from Klaipeda, LT to Berlin, DE

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Sorry for English, I can read Polish but not write. Need local advice. I am travelling from Klaipeda to Berlin. Motorhome's pick up in Klaipeda between 15.00-17.00. Till border LT-PL is 300 kms, so 4 hours driving.

Questions:

1) Is it real drive till Warsaw within same day?

2) How better spent night in Poland? Is it possible stay overnight in petrol station or near McDonalds, or near shopping molls? Any suggestion about campings on route is welcomed.

3) How better drive thru Warsaw? We don't want visit Warsaw on the way to Germany as we want spent few days on the way back.

4) I have heard that from Warsaw to German border now is toll highway - is it true?

Thank's for any help,

Pozdrawiam

Hi, i'll try to help you as far as i can:

Ad1 You should calculate avarage speed in polish trafic about 60-70km/h as we don't have to many motorways

Ad2 There is rather no problem to spend overnight by petrol station or some road service points by main roads

Ad3 Why do you want to go thru Warsaw in transit Klaipeda-Berlin? Forget about it if you dont want to visit Warsaw this way. Go better thru Gdansk, it is straight way from border, direction Olsztyn, than Gdansk, than Szczecin (Slupsk, Koszalin earlier).

Ad4 If you still want to go by Warsaw, answer is yes. Toll highway cost about 35zl for norlmal car.

Hope thats help, if not ask further.

regards

The way through Warsaw is about 300 km longer then through Gdansk- Szczecin.

Route through Elblag - Tczew - Starogard Gdanski - Chojnice - Walcz - Szczecin is next 50 km shorter and TomTom Navigator says that it is quickest route.

This will be my first travel with caravan and of course GPS navigation will be in car. But now I didn't have GPS and plan my route by Michelin. By default Michelin offer way thru Warsaw. Trip via Gdansk looks shorter, and Elblag - Tczew - Starogard Gdanski - Chojnice - Walcz - Szczecin is even shorter but I am not sure in quality of road. In terms of quickest way what you can reccomend based on own experience?

Now I see, that if you travel through Warsaw, you will avoid Kaliningrad (Russia). If it's important for you, then route through Warsaw is the best way, however you have only 250 km really good but payed road. If not - my proposal. In my opinion, road between Elblag and Szczecin is not worse than through Warsaw (out of the payed road).

• 9 lat później...

Tom, insted on spending time on this time of answer you could try to make a calculation.

SvetaMred, when do you plan to make this travel?

i would say easiest way is by car. There is no direct train connection to Ryn. I think, trains are not coming to the towwn.

• 2 tygodnie później...
  • 8 miesięcy temu...